Organization: American Institutes for Research
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
AIR is a US-based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education; improve the quality and relevance of education; and empower individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to work on a 5 year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Honduras. The objective of the Reading Activity is to support the efforts of the Government of Honduras, in collaboration with other donors, civil society, and the private sector, to improve reading outcomes of Honduran students in basic education grades one to six.
The DCOP acts as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP and will be responsible for management of the technical activities and implementation of the project and must be a Honduran.
This position is contingent on funding.
• Requires a master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, management, social sciences or development studies. In lieu of a master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant international development experience in the education sector will be acceptable
• At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities (at least 3 years must have been in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff)
• Experience working in the education sector in Latin America, particularly in Honduras is preferred
• Desired experience includes work in policy advocacy, monitoring and oversight, capacity development in education sector, and experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote education-related goals
• SPANISH: Advanced Professional Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is required.
• ENGLISH: Professional Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is preferred.
**Please submit your CV and cover letter with your application.
How to apply:
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to
https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/9142/deputy-chief-of-party%2c-honduras-reading-activity/job . Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.