Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 28 Dec 2016
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed term – 3 years
The Director of Programme is responsible for the programme direction and coordination, and for the implementation of all programming in country, including the management of all sub offices, emergency preparedness and response. S/he champions a team culture of learning and continuous improvement and is responsible for overseeing development and implementation of programme strategies and advocacy initiatives to deliver immediate and lasting change for children. The post-holder will effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities so that programmes are delivered on time according to organisational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets. They will take leadership on aspects related to staffing structure and management, programme design and implementation, security, logistics, advocacy and communications and M&E systems.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Number of direct reports: 6 direct reports
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Strategy, Senior Management and External Relations
- Programme and Proposal Design and Development
- Technical Assistance and Knowledge Management
- Oversight and Management of Program Operations
- Advocacy and Communications
- Emergency Response Management
- Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters' degree in Social Sciences, in an area of social development
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in an INGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts in Guatemala.
- Extensive and proven experience managing complex USAID Cooperative Agreements is a must.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in multicultural settings, including significant field operations experience.
- Significant experience leading strategic planning and in programme design and proposal development
- Strong understanding of different methodologies of monitoring and evaluation and operational research and experience in developing integrated MEAL systems
- Ability to effectively establish a learning culture within an organisation
- Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts.
- Strong representation and influencing skills
- Experience of management of diverse workforce including effective performance management and utilisation of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in Spanish and English.
- Proven experience in responding to humanitarian crisis in Guatemala and/or the region.
Deadline for applications: December 28 2016
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'email@example.com'