Organization: Associazione Volontari per il Servizio Internazionale
Closing date: 15 Jan 2017
Working Location: Portoviejo city has been hit by the April 16th 2016 earthquake and, as a result, the economic situation of the most vulnerable communities and families has further deteriorated. The aim of the project is to facilitate an urban development plan of Portoviejo city, fostering socio-economic initiatives of vulnerable groups. Mainly, the project focuses on three intervention guidelines:
i) Strengthen the ability and the participation of civil society organizations by fostering the dialogue with Portoviejo local authorities in elaborating and implementing guidelines for the economic development plan of the city.
ii) Elaborate an integrated economic development plan inside low-income neighborhoods of Portoviejo, mainly focusing on the economic and environmental sustainability.
iii) Increase the income of vulnerable inhabitants in two districts of Portoviejo (central Picoaza and Andrés Vera- Los Florones) by strengthening the production chain of products present in the intervention areas.
Period: 24 months
Starting Date:** February 1st, 2017
Contact person: Mr. David Bravo
· Coordinate the implementation of the project;
· Manage the staff employed in the project;
· Coordinate all project partners (local authorities, NGOs and universities) and project activities;
· Periodically draw up reports, both at the internal level and for donors, organize documents;
· Prepare all the reports for the donor;
· Check and supervise project expenses and report the costs incurred according to donor’s directions.
· Maintain relationships with different stakeholders and donors;
· Elaborate new project proposals to be submitted to different donors.
· Degree, preferably in economic, social, urban studies or international development;
· One/three-year experience of work in developing countries as project manager;
· Ability to coordinate and manage cooperation projects;
· Previous experience in economic development project management and in strengthening civil society;
· Computer skills/Microsoft Office;
· Excellent knowledge of Spanish language;
· Ability to communicate in English;
· Previous experience in management of EU funded projects.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly specifying in the email’s subject the vacancy code. After having received all the CVs, only people chosen for a first selection (shortlist) will be contacted.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Availability date.