Organization: American Institutes for Research
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
AIR is a US-based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education; improve the quality and relevance of education; and empower individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR is seeking a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to work on a 5 year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Honduras. The objective of the Reading Activity is to support the efforts of the Government of Honduras, in collaboration with other donors, civil society, and the private sector, to improve reading outcomes of Honduran students in basic education grades one to six.
The Senior M&E Specialist will provide overall technical oversight and guidance to the project’s overall research design, monitoring and evaluation efforts. This will include:
• Bearing ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the program is able to track and report on achieved improved outcomes in reading
• Developing the Measurement, Evaluation and Learning Plan for the program to ensure both technical and management monitoring of program implementation and achievement of outcome and impact level indicators
This position is contingent on funding.
• Requires a master’s degree in psychometrics, measurement, statistics, demography or other relevant field and at least 10 years of experience in research design
• Must have proven senior level supervisory experience in designing, implementing and overseeing measurement, evaluation and learning activities within the education sector
• Experience must include development of project M&E frameworks and monitoring data collection systems
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in monitoring results and indicators of reading improvement related activities
• Must have demonstrated experience in program evaluation with strong research and quantitative skills
• ENGLISH: Professional Proficiency and Fluent in Writing and Speaking is required.
• SPANISH: Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is preferred.
**Please submit your CV and cover letter with your application.
How to apply:
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/9144/senior-monitoring-and-evaluation-specialist%2c-honduras-reading-activity/job. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.