Organization: UN Human Settlements Program
Closing date: 24 Nov 2016
City Resilience Profiling Programme / UN-Habitat http://www.cityresilience.org/CRPP
Posting Title: INTERN – UN-HABITAT Programme Support (City Resilience Profiling Programme – Resilience and Disaster Risk Management)
Job Code Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
Department/ Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
Duty Station: BARCELONA, SPAIN
Posting Period: 10 November 2016 – 24 November 2016
Job Opening number: 16-Programme Management-UNHABITAT-69596-R-Barcelona (O)
Offer and application accessible here.
The City Resilience Profiling Programme (CRPP) was launched by UN-Habitat in 2012 to develop a comprehensive and integrated urban planning and management approach founded on the principles of ‘resilience’ that dynamically underpin and improve capacity to protect urban citizens and their assets. ‘Urban Resilience’ refers to the ability of any urban system to absorb and recover quickly from the impact of any plausible hazard. The CRPP is providing forward-looking, multi-sectoral, multi-hazard, multi-stakeholder approach integrating all functional aspects of human settlements to planning and developing urban settlements. The Programme is implemented in partnership with primary stakeholders including international agencies, academic and research institutes, private sector actors, NGOs, and representatives from a number of pilot cities. CRPP has a strategic fit in UN Habitat’s overall mandate for the sustainable development of cities, towns, and other human settlements, specifically, the key pillar for ensuring that cities are able to withstand and recover from catastrophic events.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser and the supporting supervision of the Urban Resilience Specialists of the City Resilience Profiling Programme, the intern will:
- Assist in the development and upgrading of the existing diagnostic framework on urban resilience used by the Programme through the analysis, creation and calculation of urban resilience indicators;
- Assist in applying the upgraded monitoring / evaluation framework on resilience to the Partner and Associate Cities of the Programme;
- Assist in analysing and summarizing the outcomes of the application of the upgraded monitoring / evaluation framework;
- Assist in the writing, design, graphics and development of contents to be used by the Programme publication materials;
- Assist in the research, review, analyse, and compile effective initiatives and best practices on building urban resilience;
- Assist in the cooperation with participating cities of the Programme;
- Undertake any other tasks for the Programme, which are in line with the experience of the intern.
Advanced university degree in Urban or Regional Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Development Studies, or another field deemed relevant to the subject areas covered by the Programme. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
The candidate should have knowledge in Urban Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, as well as some basic research and analysis skills associated with the relevant fields of the Programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Spanish is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Internship will start in the end of 2016 and will be up to 6 months. Internship comprises a minimum of 35 hours of work per week. The duty station is Barcelona, Spain. Kindly note that this internship is unpaid.
How to apply:
Or click here.