Organization: Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Closing date: 22 Dec 2016
HIAS seeks a Program Coordinator to be responsible for guaranteeing the strong execution of HIAS’ programs and projects in Panama, according to institutional objectives and methodologies while working in close coordination with the Country Director. S/he overseas activities related to providing legal assistance, social work, psychosocial support and livelihoods services across all HIAS Panama programs and projects. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (please indicate the title of the position in the subject line) no later than November 30th, 2016 in order to be considered.
• Coordinates the implementation of HIAS programs and projects according to established criteria, work plans, guidelines and methodologies to include monitoring of program indicators and budgets and leadership in producing narrative reports and ensuring harmony of program information with financial information.
• Leads development, implementation and monitoring of work plans in close coordination with the Country Director and staff to guarantee strong execution of HIAS’ programs and projects in Panama and proper use of means of verification.
• Proactively identifies solutions to challenges related to program and project management in close collaboration with the Country Director.
• Conducts direct monitoring to ensure fidelity of financial and M&E data and faithful implementation of systems.
• Works to identify and facilitate local partnerships with local government, networks and NGOs and cross-region fertilization of approaches and learning including for case management and referrals.
• Supervises staff and responsible for performance management of staff under direct supervision.
• Participates in recruitment and selection of HIAS Panama staff, as needed.
• Leads regular all-staff meetings for HIAS Panama.
• Drafts concept papers, proposals and program reports and where needed, coordinates proposal and report submissions with HIAS Headquarters.
• Provides input into organizational budgeting processes and participates in regular meetings with HIAS Panama staff to review budget execution and programmatic needs.
• Identifies and responds to staff needs for capacity building.
• Ensures organized and maintenance of case files (electronic and physical)
• Oversees the security of the office and of HIAS Panama Program staff.
• Approves fund requests and expense reimbursements for direct reports.
• Coordinates and organizes visits of donors, HIAS HQ staff, HIAS Board Members and other missions, as required to HIAS Panama.
• Complies with, and ensures that all HIAS Panama staff comply with all HIAS policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Country Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• University degree in Social Sciences; post graduate studies in management, projects, NGO’s, social sciences or another related field.
• Minimum of five years (5) of experience in project management and coordination in similar positions.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience in management and analysis of statistics.
• Knowledge and experience with working with refugees.
• Oral and written proficiency in English.
• Ability to coordinate and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational capacity.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office to conduct internet research.
• Authorization to work in Panama.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 14 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities