Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 15 Nov 2016
Position Title : Business Process Analyst (PRIMA)
Duty Station : Panama City, Panama
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 November 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
The goal of the “PRIMA for All IOM” project is to contribute to strengthening IOM’s position as lead migration agency, by consistently demonstrating transparency and a performance that operationalizes a results-based management approach to programming.
Specifically, PRIMA is designed to;
• Capture project data and documents throughout the project lifecycle to facilitate monitoring and reporting
• Provide an online workflow approval process in line with Project Handbook
• Enhance knowledge sharing capacity in relation to project development and outcomes
• Aid aggregated reporting of IOM project data
Under the overall supervision of the Business Relationship Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the translation of ideas and business needs into business requirements to facilitate successful implementation PRIMA. S/he will provide support to subject matter experts ensuring that the IOM business requirements for the PRIMA system are aligned with project manager and project developer’s requirements, supporting project management and change management in implementing the development of PRIMA for all IOM Projects. S/he will lead and coordinate system testing activities in conjunction with the PRIMA technical development team and will be responsible for tracking and prioritizing with the technical team all the functionality enhancements identified during development and testing.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Ensure that business functional requirements gathered during blueprint are reflected in the design of the system; design/redesign solutions for business functional requirements in consultation with the relevant business entities as well as the technical and development team.
Assist functional, development and technical teams during solution development, and monitor and report progress.
Lead system test efforts: organize system testing workshops; prepare test plans and scripts to confirm system functions as designed; identify, track and monitor the correction of bugs identified during testing; compile test results, and obtain formal sign-off from corresponding business units on the production-ready solution.
Work with the PRIMA subject member expert Group to validate the proposed tools and processes; organize and/or participate in strategic workshops, seminars which are technically or functionally relevant to PRIMA for all IOM projects.
Assist the PM in managing scope by differentiating between system bugs and proposed enhancements. Coordinate with business process owners to prioritize enhancements and development considering other short-term and long-term activities of business analyst, development and technical teams.
Participate in data migration and cut-over activities for compiling and cleansing the master data, ensuring its quality and validating result of upload activities when applicable.
Provide knowledge transfer to Quality Assurance and Support teams.
Ensure go-live and post go-live support is adequately provided. Assist in the conduct of training to actively promote the introduction of the new business solution. Troubleshoot end-user issues, as necessary, and perform assigned User Support activities.
Identify potential risks associated with solution development and enhancement projects, plan mitigation measures and report to Project Management.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Project management certification would be highly advantageous.
• At least four years of IOM experience in the development, implementation and management of projects related to migration management and/or emergencies;
• Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management, such as coordination of working groups and training events;
• Strong knowledge of the IOM Project Handbook;
• Demonstrated understanding of project and quality disciplines;
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/ operational requirements;
• Exceptional time management and consultancy skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
• Skills in conducting end user training;
• Certification on PRINCE2 methodology of project management is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 November 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 02.11.2016 to 15.11.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/214 (P) – Business Process Analyst (PRIMA) (P3) – Panama City, Panama
Posting: Posting NC54882464 (54882464) Released