Closing date: 31 Dec 2016
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe is seeking an experienced Program and M&E Manager for an already ongoing project funded by the Foundation of a large multinational corporation. The programs’ objectives are to strengthen technical, agricultural and entrepreneurial skills of smallholder farmers and field workers in order to increase their income and improve the quality of life of their families. Agribusinesses will also be trained and will receive business consulting to strengthen their performance and governance capacities to be integrated into new commercial channels and value chains.
- Provide the vision and technical leadership to the team executing the program
- Meeting regularly and following up with the donor in all aspects of the project
- Travel to the sites of the project and oversee the advance and implementation of the program and the farmers training
- Provide support to the technical team in all areas necessary for the execution of its duties and goals, particularly with regard to agronomic and business content
- Propose action plans to the donor with specific tasks related to TechnoServe’s scope of work, including the corresponding budgets
- Keep track, manage the budget and maintain control of expenses and related receipts, invoices and documentation
- Implement the project’s logical framework and lead impact evaluations
- Design and monitor the implementation of an information system devised for the submission of all the required information in a reliable and timely manner
- Support the team in the compilation of information and data to be included in the program reports
- Maintain an updated register of all technical information and initiatives developed in each of the program components
- Continuously evaluate the performance of staff members under his/her supervision
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Agronomy, or other relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of private sector development experience involving both public and private sector entities
- Demonstrated experience in private sector project development with specific consulting experience to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises involving public and private sector groups. Specifically, he/she should have experience in the definition, design and implementation of technical assistance and support programs to smallholder farmers focusing on technical agronomy skills, organizational development and general management
- Knowledge in statistics, econometrics and impact evaluations
- Previous successful experience mentoring and building capacity of staff, results driven
- Experience living and working in Mexico and/or Central America.
- Mexican residency and legal working permit required.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English.
How to apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word-formatted or pdf single document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please.