Organization: World Council of Credit Unions
Closing date: 05 Dec 2016
POSITION: MONITORING & EVALUATION SPECIALIST
TYPE: EMPLOYEE, 5 YEAR PROJECT
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 5, 2016
Project: FOOD FOR PROGRESS
ABOUT WORLD COUNCIL OF CREDIT UNIONS
World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) is the leading global trade association and development agency for financial inclusion. With funding from a wide range of multi-lateral, government and private partners, WOCCU promotes economic security, resilience and livelihoods strengthening through the sustainable development of local, well managed, savings led financial institutions. We reach the marginalized and traditionally unbanked populations and provide a range of affordable pro-poor financial products and services in more than 71 countries worldwide.
WOCCU seeks an experienced monitoring and evaluation specialist (M&E specialist) for an upcoming agricultural value chain project in Honduras. The primary function of the M&E specialist is to ensure the successful implementation of monitoring and evaluation of project activities. Working closely with a range of stakeholders, most prominently, financial institutions (mainly credit unions), government agencies, small holder farmers and service providers, the five-year project will address current constraints in selected agricultural value chains with special focus on access to capital and strengthening existing financial institutions serving farmers.
This position is contingent on project award.
· Provide guidance and technical management of monitoring & evaluation throughout the program.
· Track and monitor all project activities and the project frameworks.
· Maintain and cultivate professional relationships with key stakeholders including financial institutions.
· Contribute to the development of monitoring and evaluation plans, indicators, feedback loops, and use and develop M&E tools to monitor program progress;
· Work closely with technical staff members to ensure that programmatic data is collected and feedback received is appropriately integrated into programmatic decision-making;
· Supervise and provide training to staff in monitoring & evaluation, as needed
· Travel to rural areas, at short notice, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in statistics, agricultural economics, finance or related field
· More than 5 years of experience in monitoring & evaluation of donor-funded programming.
· Good knowledge of USG evaluation procedures and regulations
· More than 3 years of experience working in agribusiness or rural finance; working with credit unions and/or financial cooperatives is strongly preferred
· Experience working in similar environments is required, but experience and knowledge of working in Honduras is preferred
· Excellent writing, research and communication skills;
· A demonstrated ability to manage a series of complex, new, and ongoing activities;
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may apply on-line: http://www.woccu.org/about/careers?code=international. Along with uploading your CV/resume, please include a cover letter and 3 references that highlight your qualifications for this position.