Organization: American Institutes for Research
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
AIR is a US-based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education; improve the quality and relevance of education; and empower individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR is seeking a Chief of Party to lead a 5 year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Honduras. The objective of the Reading Activity is to support the efforts of the Government of Honduras, in collaboration with other donors, civil society, and the private sector, to improve reading outcomes of Honduran students in basic education grades one to six.
The COP will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for this activity and will serve as the primary authority for all decision making related to this activity. Other responsibilities include:
• Providing overall management and implementation of the activity and reporting directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR)
• Supervising activity implementation and ensuring the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements
• Liaising with USAID/Honduras on management and technical matters, and
• Taking on a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, and other implementing partners
This position is contingent on funding.
• Minimum requirement is a master’s degree in education or a directly relevant field from an accredited university, though a Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in education and development with relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity is required (at least 10 years must be in a management/leadership position)
• Proven track record and experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement is required
• At least 5 years of experience in the education sector in Latin America, is preferred
• Experience in early grade reading and education in conflict-affected, alternative and rural settings is required
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development and teacher professional development
• Experience managing a national intervention with a large budget and directing a large staff and multiple sub-contractors on complex projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are required
• Sound knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
• SPANISH: Advanced Professional Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is preferred.
• ENGLISH: Advanced Professional Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is required.
**Please submit your CV and cover letter with your application.
How to apply:
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/9141/chief-of-party%2c-honduras-reading-activity/job. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.