Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is preparing for a proposal for the USAID/Guatemala Metrics Project. The purpose of Metrics would be to support improvement of USAID/Guatemala systems, capacity, and processes for monitoring, learning, and evaluation design, to better understand and document programmatic outcomes, adapt current projects, comply with USAID regulations and requirement, rapidly report progress, better use evidence in project design, and generally contribute to the learning and adaptation agenda at USAID/Guatemala. The anticipated period of performance is for five years for an estimated amount of $10 – $15 million.
SI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist to support the COP to lead and manage the Metrics Project. The DCOP will lead all activities relating to performance monitoring, including use of GIS mapping, performance and compliance data management, and adaptation of existing performance monitoring systems for broad use at USAID/Guatemala. This position will be based in Guatemala City for the duration of the project.
**** Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Guatemalan citizenship will be considered. **
- Plan, manage, and lead all relevant performance monitoring deliverables stipulated in the SOW, including, but not limited to, assessments, performance monitoring, data quality verification and evaluation of the output and outcome results of USAID funded programs in Guatemala.
- Leverage performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Support the Chief of Party in team supervision to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Advanced degree in social sciences, evaluation services, business management or other related disciplines required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields.
- At least five years of international experience in design and implementation of performance monitoring as well as performance and/or impact evaluation, analyses and assessments of large and/or complex development projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators across multiple sectors and for cross-cutting areas.
- Familiar with standard USAID indicators and capable of developing customized indicators and capable of developing customized indicators.
- Familiar with publicly available data sources (such as those of multilateral organizations, think tanks, research institutions, etc.) and the indicators they measure.
- Demonstrated experience developing PMPs, logical frameworks, results frameworks, and M&E plans at both an activity and program-wide level.
- Experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Guatemala to attend to contract implementation tasks.
- Fluency in English required and professional proficiency in Spanish required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: