Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is preparing for a proposal for the USAID/Guatemala Metrics Project. The purpose of Metrics would be to support improvement of USAID/Guatemala systems, capacity, and processes for monitoring, learning, and evaluation design, to better understand and document programmatic outcomes, adapt current projects, comply with USAID regulations and requirement, rapidly report progress, better use evidence in project design, and generally contribute to the learning and adaptation agenda at USAID/Guatemala. The anticipated period of performance is for five years for an estimated amount of $10 – $15 million.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead and manage the Metrics Project administratively and technically, providing oversight on all activities. The COP will also lead activities supporting evaluation design. This position will be based in Guatemala City for the duration of the project.
- Provide overall project management and technical operations to ensure that project tasks are completed and the objectives of the Metrics project are successfully met.
- Provide the vision and overall leadership to the team.
- Manage SI’s technical assistance, training, and overall support.
- Prepare and submit reports requested by USAID.
- Assess feasible evaluation design options for forthcoming rigorous performance and impact evaluation in line with USAID’s evaluation policy, including using mobile technologies.
- Coordinate USAID assistance with key counterparts.
- Lead SI’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Assure that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
- Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
- Advanced degree in social sciences, evaluation services, business management or other related disciplines required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in providing assistance to USAID or other clients in designing rigorous performance and impact evaluations in line with USAID’s evaluation policy. Including expanded use of mobile technologies.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience, with at least five leading project management teams.
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English is required, as is a demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Guatemala to attend to contract implementation tasks.
- Fluency in English required and professional proficiency in Spanish required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: