Organization: Food for the Hungry
Country: Dominican Republic
Closing date: 29 Nov 2016
PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Regional IT Coordinator is a member of the Information Technology (IT) team as well as a member of the LAC Regional Office. The Regional IT Coordinator will be primarily responsible for supporting the technology of the LAC region as well as supporting technology worldwide.
SUMMARY OF SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional IT Coordinator will have responsibilities related to FH IT worldwide, though will be primarily responsible for LAC. Projects will be assigned that will benefit and affect FH Worldwide though they may be only implemented in LAC by the Regional IT Coordinator. The Regional IT Coordinator will also be expected to answer help desk questions as assigned or as they are submitted for any staff throughout the world, not just LAC. However, because this staff will be present in time zones for LAC, be geographically present in LAC, and will be more familiar with the issues in FH LAC, the expectation is that he / she takes the lead in all issues related to LAC. The Regional IT Coordinator is primarily responsible for technical management of all country based IT Staff and coordinating the activities and plans of the countries and regions with the country based IT staff, Country Directors, and the Regional Director. The Regional IT Coordinator is ultimately responsible for ensuring country based IT Staff perform day-to-day maintenance on all tech equipment, create long and short term plans including budgeting, are properly trained, and perform backstopping for all information technology for the region. The scope of responsibilities toward LAC and FH Global may change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Key Result #1 – LAC Regional Technology Coordination.
- Field IT Staff – In cooperation with Country Directors and HR Managers, assess the technical competence of candidates for the locally hired field IT staff. In agreement with the CD, plan out the annual strategy and priorities for local IT staff. This includes involvement in day-to-day technical tasks, specific project planning, and yearly performance reviews;
- Country Plans – In coordination with Country Directors and their local IT staff and under the guidance of the Director of IT, develop and maintain the IT Plan for each country, including short and long term plans;
- Regional Plans – In coordination with the Regional Director develop a Regional IT Plan and ensure that all sites in the region adhere to the plan. Provide proactive feedback and support on the regional plans;
- Technological Support – Provide backstopping IT support for staff at the country and the regional level including hardware, software, and connectivity issues, support and set up staff with computers, email, and all applications;
- Budgets – Lead the process to create an IT budget for each country and operational field site;
- Communications – Support and proactively manage all IT communications in the region so that field IT staff, CDs, RDs are aware of the plans and activities of the region;
- Documentation – Create and maintain documentation of all aspects of the technology and infrastructure of the region. Guide the Field IT staff in managing the documentation for their sites;
- Training – Provide training to Field IT and computer users in the region. Monitor field IT staff in managing IT training program for their sites;
- Standards – Ensure that all sites adhere to the infrastructure standards. Provide proactive feedback and support on the current infrastructure standards;
- Contracts – Ensure that the each office is best utilizing their resources by managing and reviewing all IT related contracts, especially related to connectivity and communications;
- Field visits – In alignment with the plans of the Technology department and the regional office, plan regular visits to each site for training and maintenance;
- Direct Field Support – Fill role of IT Field Staff in DR and provide first line of support for FH Haiti.
- Participate in regional monthly meetings and provide updates of IT activities related to regional and country IT work plans.
Key Result #2 – Global Technology.
- Respond to requests to assist with the help desk as requested by the Director of Technology and Support Systems;
- Under the direction of Director of IT, work on special projects that will be implemented worldwide;
- Provide proactive input into the IT operations in the region that apply to and will benefit the other regions;
- Be a proponent of global standards and applications in your region.
How to apply:
For a complete version of the job description, qualifications, benefits, and to apply, access our Employment page on the FH website: http://www.fh.org/get-involved/employment