Closing date: 15 Jan 2017
ACDI/VOCA was awarded the Program of Alliances for Reconciliation in Colombia with a four-year life of project (LOP) from May 27, 2016 through May 30, 2020. The objective of this $55 million activity is to ensure that Colombians are better prepared to come to terms with the past, strengthen communities' capacity to mitigate conflicts, and actively advance reconciliation. By the end of this activity, USAID with the commitment of the Government of Colombia (GOC)-expects to enhance the GOC's capacity to address truth telling and memory by strengthening the Truth Commission and the Center for Historical Memory, increase civil society's knowledge of the consequences of the conflict and awareness of the importance of reconciliation, and support behavioral change around reconciliation by fostering strategic alliances with the public and private sectors to support community reconciliation initiatives.
Summary: The Reporting Specialist (RS) is responsible for helping to develop key program communications efforts to ensure the adequate awareness and reporting of program progress and accomplishments. The RS will maintain a knowledge management platform of accurate information and will be contribute to the production of all regular internal and external programmatic reporting, including weekly, biweekly, quarterly, annual, final, and ad hoc reports. The RS will respond to urgent requests for program performance information, in collaboration with the Reporting Manager, and the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. The RS will also assist the implementation of the internal communications strategy (internal newsletters, events, brownbag seminars, etc.). The RS will be responsible for ongoing implementation of the Marking and Branding Strategy. The RS will report to the Reporting Manager and collaborate closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the Strategic Communications Specialist and the Objective Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement the programmatic reporting and communications strategies as the Reporting Manager requests.
• Contribute to the design of a knowledge management strategy and maintenance of a searchable knowledge management platform that hosts annual implementation plans, all programmatic information and reporting, and photography and videography libraries.
• Write weekly, quarterly, annual, final, and ad-hoc project reports, presentations, case studies, success stories, press releases, vignettes, and updates for submission to the donor and other stakeholders as the Reporting Manager requests.
• In coordination with the Reporting Manager and Objective Managers, participate in discussions, facilitate information collection, and develop and/or translate into English the annual implementation plans, quarterly reports, final report, and other deliverables and documents to be submitted to the USAID for review and/or approval.
• Conduct site visits to meet community stakeholders, local government officials, and program staff to collect information and report on best practices, lessons learned, successes, and challenges.
• With assistance from audiovisual staff, develop graphics, maps, flow charts, and diagrams for reports, presentations, and handouts.
• With assistance from audiovisual staff and the Strategic Communications Specialist, develop videography and photography material (with Media Release forms) for internal and/or external publications, the ACDIVOCA website, and use for external events such as conferences.
• Provide high-level editorial assistance to the publication of all project reporting and communications including any special reports as identified by the COP and Reporting Manager.
• Contribute to programmatic external communications including letters to government officials and stakeholders and outreach materials, ensuring quality and consistent communications.
• In coordination with the Reporting Manager, ensure adherence to the project's approved Branding and Marking plan, Communications and Outreach Strategy, as well as alignment with other relevant USG communications protocols.
• In coordination with the Reporting Manager, provide Spanish-English and English-Spanish translations of Program documentation as required by the COP, DCOP, or other departments.
• Provide assistance with proposal development for relevant ACDI/VOCA proposals for Colombia or other areas, as appropriate and required.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, journalism, or communications plus at least three years of professional experience.
• Native-level English speaker; Spanish language fluency. Excellent communication and reporting skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly in Spanish.
• Demonstrated experience in Spanish-English and English-Spanish translations.
• Technical and/or research-related writing experience.
• Demonstrated experience in developing targeted reporting/communications tools and documenting program results for diverse cultural and social audiences, including donors, government officials, and other key stakeholders.
• Familiarity with USAID or similar international donor reporting requirements preferred. Experience with USAID's Marking and Branding requirements preferred.
• Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of/familiarity with Photoshop, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines and on high-profile, complex projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills, cross-cultural aptitude, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Experience working in developing countries, with experience in Colombia preferred.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E55569361D43717B7E59192F77501D6F02627B4D. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never solicit a payment from any applicant.