Organization: Norwegian Red Cross
Closing date: 26 Jan 2017
The Red Cross and the Red Crescent Movement is composed of 190 national societies, the International Committee of the Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. It is the largest network of humanitarian actors in the world, with 100 million members and volunteers. The Red Cross in Norway has 130000 members and close to 30000 volunteers carrying out activities in 400 local branches.
Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) is a member of the world wide Red Cross Movement working in the fields of relief and assistance and the development of sister Red Cross societies. Norwegian Red Cross has established regional- and country representations, to ensure proximity to key partner Red Cross / Red Crescent societies as well as donors and international partners.
We are now seeking a Country Manager for Colombia to be based in Bogota.
The Country Manager is the overall responsible for Norwegian Red Cross supported programmes in the countries. He/she represents the organization vis-à-vis the Colombia Red Cross Society, the ICRC, the IFRC, other Partner Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies working in the country, the Norwegian Embassy and international donors and organizations present in the country. The portfolio includes Health, Protection and Organisational Development. The Country Manager reports to the America Regional Representative who is based in the NorCross regional office in Panama City, Panama.
• Cooperate closely with the Colombia Red Cross, ensuring common understanding of goals, priorities and programs. Provide guidance and support on needs analysis, programme development, quality assurance and management.
• Manage the programme portfolio, ensure that project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting is carried out in a timely and appropriate fashion in accordance
• Ensure timely development of new project proposals in accordance with strategic plans and contribute to overall application processes to NORAD, MFA, EU and other donors
• Contribute to efficient communication and coordination and techincal support as need be with the rest of the NorCross team in the region
• Monitor and provide analysis of political, socio-economic and humanitarian trends
• Maintain communication with the Norwegian Embassy and other relevant international and national actors in Colombia
Qualifications and Experiences we are looking for
• Relevant post-secondary degree (i.e Health, Protection, Administration)
• Excellent level of Spanish and English, oral and verbal
• Minimum 5 years' relevant field experience from humanitarian work
• Excellent understanding of the socio-political situation in the Colombia and the region
• Proven advanced experience in design and management of programmes
• Proven experience in partnership development and cooperation
• Proven experience in financial management of programmes
• Experience in supporting Organisational Development
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience managing EU/ECHO grants is an advantage
• Experience in working for the Red Cross /Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
Personal Competencies we are looking for
• Self-driven, committed and determined, achieves high quality results
• Cooperates effectively and harmoniously with colleagues and/or partners from varied cultures and professional background
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong diplomatic & representation skills
• Systematic and good planning skills
The successful candidate should be willing to travel in the region and to field sites as needed.
•A meaningful job in the world's largest humanitarian organization
•Salary/benefits according to the Norwegian Red Cross’ salary system and relevant qualifications
•24 months' contract (with possible extension)
•This is a -family posting
• Driving License Class B1 is a requirement (i.e. normal vehicle, manul gears)
• The position is considered an expat position; Colombian nationals are therefore not eligible
• Start-date as soon as possible, preferably mid-March
How to apply:
• Please submit your CV in English
• Please submit a motivation letter in English (maximum 1 page), addressing the following:
-what do you think are the most important aspects to consider when working for the Red Cross Movement (for instance in comparison to other international humanitarian actors). Please explain, focusing on main challenges and opportunities
-explain why you want to work for the Norwegian Red Cross in Colombia and how you can contribute
• Please submit your application by clicking the "Apply for position" on this site: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1212&ProjectId=143807&DepartmentId…