Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 11 Dec 2016
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. At times, MSF may speak out publicly in an effort to bring a forgotten crisis to public attention, to alert the public to abuses occurring beyond the headlines, to criticise the inadequacies of the aid system, or to challenge the diversion of humanitarian aid for political interests.
MSF runs medical-humanitarian projects in some 70 countries worldwide and has offices in 28 countries.
The MSF office in Brazil, based in Rio de Janeiro, carries out fundraising activities, recruits field workers for MSF´s projects around the world, works to raise awareness in Brazil of MSF´s work and humanitarian crises, and develops advocacy initiatives. MSF-Brazil, through the Brazilian Medical Unit, also provides technical-operational support to MSF projects around the world on issues such as Other Situations of Violence (OSV) and Neglected Diseases.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Set up and maintain the psychosocial service in the Brazilian MSF Section (70% position)
· Perform briefing and return talk systematically for all expats working with all MSF Operational Centers (OCs);
· Perform psychosocial support during the missions to all expats who require so in a partnership with the PSU of all OCs (for transparency and collaboration purposes);
· Create/Maintain therapist list in the country to indicate to the expatriates requiring more psychosocial support;
· Follow-up of those cases requiring longer support;
· Data gathering and sharing with all the OCs;
· Animate the Stress Management Module for the national staff whenever necessary;
· Attending international psychosocial intersectional meetings and trainings;
· Availability to participate in Stress Management Team (SMS) whenever necessary;
· Perform trainings and supporting the Expats Peer Support Group whenever necessary;
· Selection of back-up resources for return talk/briefing when necessary.
· Degree in Psychology;
· Good knowledge of the different therapeutic schools;
· Fluency in Portuguese and English required. Fluency in Spanish and/or French an asset;
· At least 2 years of professional experience as clinical psychologist;
· Experience in the humanitarian field, preferably with MSF.
· Strong commitment with MSF values and humanitarian motivation;
· Capacity to plan, organize and report;
· Availability for flexible working hours;
· Ability for multi-tasking;
· High tolerance to stress and ability to cope with important workload and under pressure:
· Very good communication skills, written and spoken;
· Very good capacity to work in a team and to be diplomatic and cooperative; **
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and comply with the requirements, please send a CV, Motivation Letter in english and the name of 2 professional references until December 11th to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject: ´Psychosocial Focal Point.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.