Closing date: 01 Dec 2017
For over 50 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Specialist, Honduras
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Specialist for the USAID-funded Honduras Transforming Market Systems (TMS) Project. The objective of TMS is to foster competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities that incorporate poor, marginalized Hondurans and reduce incentives to migrate. The MEL Senior Specialist is responsible for overall project data collection, monitoring, reporting and learning of results. The ideal candidate should have proven experience helping teams apply information and knowledge generated through M&E systems in order to inform adaptive management approaches as part of a collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) approach.
- Lead the baseline data collection process, develop the MEL plan, and perform other related monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Activity.
- Coordinate with the COP, other key personnel, and Activity personnel, to provide monitoring and evaluation support on all technical-related activities.
- Design and coordinate learning approaches that enable analysis of data, context and emerging experience, as well as iterative adaptive management for the Activity’s technical approaches, and its targets and indicators to unpredicted challenges and opportunities posed by the market, the socio-political environment in Honduras, institutional capacities and other influences.
- Improve Activity implementation through an iterative and dynamic learning approach that seeks to fill key knowledge gaps, inform interventions and, as needed, refine the Activity’s theory of change throughout implementation as completed through a variety of learning processes and activities (ie studies, desk reviews, analyses, learning events, stakeholder workshops, etc.).
- Lead regular strategy meetings with COP, other Activity personnel, and USAID to analyze progress and lessons learned in order to inform and update new work plans.
- Coordinate with other Mission-led MEL Activities such as MESCLA.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational/management sciences, psychometrics, measurement,
- statistics, demography or other relevant field is required. A Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred. However, three years of additional experience (in addition to the eight-year experience requirement) measuring systemic change in market systems, including experience designing and utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems, may be substituted for a Master’s degree if candidate only possesses a Bachelor-level degree.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience designing and utilizing monitoring and
- evaluation systems for activities of similar size and scope for donors/U.S. Government agencies or international NGO or institutions, preferably with experience developing and using a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach.
- At least five (5) years supervisory work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables is preferred.
- Proven success in leading highly collaborative, dynamic teams through processes of organizational change.
- Fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and Spanish is required.
How to apply:
Please apply online at https://internationaljobs-acdivoca.icims.com/jobs/5077/monitoring%2c-evaluation-and-learning-%28mel%29-senior-specialist%2c-honduras/job?mode=view). No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.